Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pierre Gagnaier's Twist

Las Vegas, NV Oct 2010

Gentlemen, if your looking to impress your significant other with other than your good looks or money; and Ladies, if you're wanting to to spend time with your significant other at a very fine dining location, then hint (demand) that you want to experience Pierre Gagnaier's Twist. It's located on the 23rd floor sky lobby in the elegantly serene Mandarin Hotel, smoke and gaming free. What a relief from all the slot machines bells, whistles, and ringing.

My wife and I celebrated our special occasion as we dinned under sphere shapped stars, had a night view of the Las Vegas strip, a romantic dinner, and had a wonderful time.


The amuse bouche of sesame bread sticks, tuna foam and shrimp chips were playful and interactive. It was the prelude to the tasty and unique canapes, organic tomatoes, mini puff pastries and Jack Daniels and Guinness gelee shots.


There was an offering of three types of breads: I chose the french baguettes, my wife had the walnut bread.

We looked through the 44 page wine list. Turning the delicate silk-like pages, we found very fine selections of varying styles and price ranges. We chose our wine and the sommelier asked if we wanted it to have it decanted. "Sure", we replied. Out came the bottle, label turned toward me. It matched our selection. A few moments later, the wine and decanter came out. I call it the swan decanter - long neck stem and curved body. Very cool.


The Napanook 2005 Bordeaux blend from Dominus Estate and the swan shaped decanter. Sneaking in the picture is butter of Normandy (sea salted and unsalted).

Foie gras marbled with fig


Pierre Gagnaier fully deserves his Michelin stars. His creations are classically french prepared with a twist of modern fushion- Foie with fig marbling, Jack Daniels and Guinness gelee shots, broccoli and cauliflower intermezzo, and basil ice cream.


Hamachi on a bed of veggies


Langoustine grilled and three sauces

Langoustine


Langoustine tartare and nori slivers on a bed of solid ice


Langoustine mouseline


Langoustine gelee


Seared cod

Broccoli, cauliflower granite intermezzo


Seared deer (venison)

Wild mushroom and micro greens


Rack of Lamb with reduce au jus


Mashed potato with horse radish and lettuce leaf

Lamb salad layered with tomato, basil and micro greens

The first of five desserts, cassis in martini glass


Peaches and nuts with vanilla ice cream


Red bean with flavored shaved ice

Basil ice cream and cookie with raspberry sauce


Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream and cookie crisp


And more!

On the front page of Pierre Gagnaier's menu, he says, "Cuisine does not measure itself in terms of tradition or modernity. One must read in to the tenderness of the chef."

Chef Gagnaier's creations are traditional and modern with his own touch. One can taste and measure the delicate nature he takes with his creations by what the pallet is screaming, "More!"



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Look into my webpage ... wartrol facts right here

Anonymous said...

I all the time used to read article in news papers but now as I am a
user of net so from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.


My web page read this breast actives reviews short article

Anonymous said...

Hi! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after going through some of the posts I realized it's new to me.
Regardless, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking it and checking back frequently!


Look at my page :: click the link for much more information about idol lash