Sunday, December 6, 2009

Puffy Profiteroles

My first attempt at making the puffs for a croquembouche turned out flat, but my second attempt turned out these nice puffy ones. I ended up filling them with chocolate custard. My flat ones I turned them into an ice cream filled profiterole .



I split up the flat puff in half and filled it with homemade
vanilla ice-cream, and topped it with chocolate.










My second attempt had a nice air pocket to be filled with chocolate custard. It's nice and airy inside. Instead of a pastry piping bag, I used a small ice cream scoop.




The plain topped puff is filled with vanilla ice cream. What a light taste with a punch of flavor. Wait for my croquembouche. The holidays are around the corner, so my wife suggests I make the crunch in the mouth dessert.

No comments: